Live. Love. Laugh.

Live. Love. Laugh.

Monday 2 January 2012

Advice for a teenager



As a teenager I have been in several unwanted situations in the wrong time. Be it from bunking classes to landing in the jail with my friends because of some silly pranks that we pulled. Thinking back I do realize the mistakes I made but would I undo them if I had a chance to? Hell no! Not to say that I would repeat making the same mistakes or "have fun" the way I used to but I would still want to be in certain unwanted situation in the wrong time. I didn't turn out to be a rebel. In fact, I try my best to follow all the rules and bring the best out of me. However, I don't think this would have been the situation if my mother hadn't been understanding all this while.
Therefore eighteen years from now I wouldn't give a lot of lectures to a teenager. I would give him or her the basic morals but would not ask for much. I would let them experience various things in life but would make sure that they know what their limits are. However there are a few things I would advise them to do.
1. Do your assignments from the very start instead of procrastinating.
2. Enroll yourself in various extracurricular activities.
3. Be loyal to your friends but don't get yourself into a lot of trouble because of your loyalty.
4. Trust your mom when she says " That dress makes you look fat."
5. Don't go on diets, try working out instead.
6. Make sure you pick up stuff that were taught in class if u happen to skip it.
7. Choose your friends wisely.
8.  Spend some more time with your family; they are as important as your friends.
9. Do not break into your neighbor's garage to steal petrol from their bikes.
10. In case you drink alcohol make sure you are supervised by someone trustworthy and sober.
11. Your world won't come to an end if you stop buying designer clothes and shoes. Show some humanity, buy fewer clothes, and donate your savings to an orphanage instead.
12. Drink a lot of water and wash your face before going to bed without fail
My opinions might change once I turn thirty-five but I hope to come across this blog at that time. Hopefully teenagers will hate me less if I stick to those advices and be cool about the small mistakes that they make in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment