Live. Love. Laugh.

Live. Love. Laugh.

Monday 9 January 2012

Sleeping Class


Create a new class for your school.

The class I would chose to start in my school would be Sleeping Class. I remember having those classes when I was kindergarten and  the hyper me back then hated it. However, I would die to have a Sleeping Class somewhere in my routine in my junior year in high school. The reason I chose this class is because we always end up burning the midnight lamp just trying to get our assignments done. Not that the teachers are trying to kill us by loading us with assignments and tests, but like any other teenager we tend to procrastinate a lot. Despite knowing that we are going to regret a few hours before the due date, we still choose to watch a movie over doing our assignment. So, we end up piling our work and working late at night in the very last hour. Due to this reason I find it very difficult to pay attention in my classes. While the teacher teaches us I constantly remind myself to sit up straight and not to doze off. This has also landed me in various embarrassing situations where the teacher have asked me questions regarding what he or she just discussed about and all I can give them is either a poker face or a cheesy little smile. Getting zoned in normal classes is not the best thing to do so why not have a class where you are supposed to be zoned out. Sleeping Class will help us students to perform better and be attentive in other classes. Those short naps could help us perform better and make up for the lack of sleep that we had. It would also give us some time to think about our future and life as a whole. Hence, I think that Sleeping Class would be an ideal class to add in my school.

3 comments:

  1. Haha. I would love this class, too! I had a sleeping time when i was in elemetary school. I agree that it really helped me in concentrating in the classes after lunch.

    It's nice how you use figurative language in the two phrases, "end up burning the midnight lamp" and "I can give them is either a poker face or a cheesy little smile".

    However you answered the question like you are answering a question that has a right or wrong answer. What i mean is you start of saying, "I would like to", then "the reason", and eventually, "Hence, I think that...". Probably it would be better if you just leave those words out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking the time to read my blog and giving some suggestions. I will try not to include unnecessary thing and phrases in my blogs from now on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish there was a sleeping class for us too.Just like how me all need a power nap after eating woodtock "YUMMY" food.

    LIke the person who commented before stated that there are a lot of a unecessary sentences.

    BEsides that you point seems to be clear about what you want.

    ReplyDelete